Don’t you love those pimp my ride shows and HGTV home makeovers? Well as I mentioned last week my friend came over a few weeks back and decided it was time to get rid of my collection of clothing to re-purpose, 1/16th inch fabric scraps, books that I don’t need, empty thread spools, and the list goes on and on! Now that my sewing supplies are organized and I can actually find things now I decided to take this makeover a step further and create an inspiring crafting space for myself. (I am a stay-at-home-mom/blogger/piano teacher so having a sewing space other than my dining room table is essential to keeping a clean house! 🙂 Otherwise my family has to push patterns, material, pins, scissors, and sewing machine aside every time we need to eat. Can anyone relate here?)
Here is my list of what needs to happen in order to get my sewing room in shape.
- Those mirrors HAVE to come off! I know the intent was to “make the space look bigger” but I really would prefer the wall space for storage.
- The wallpaper is a close second to the mirrors but I need to find out if it is behind the mirrors or not.
- After the mirrors and the wallpaper is removed I’ll have to sand down the walls and prime them for being painted.
- Paint the walls. I love white and since I already have a couple gallons leftover from my hallway makeover I’ll probably use the same color.
- Makeover a thrifted desk for sewing and paint an old bookshelf…turquoise! Seriously what other color would I use? 🙂
Sounds like a lot of work? Yep it does…thankfully I’ve got plenty of time on my hands! So as you can tell I have not been posting a lot of sewing projects because I’ve been focusing on making sure I don’t need to use my dining table anymore.
It’s A Sad Sad Day
So I’ve finally finished step 1 and I’m going to post the useable mirror squares on Craigslist and see if I can make a couple bucks from them. I’m also in the midst of step 2 which has gotten me hung up and unable to complete things for several months. 🙁 I’m really sad now!
Everything is topsy-turvy, my craftroom is a mess, and I really just want to sew something! I’ve banned myself from sewing until I completed my room but now I’m unable to complete it due to various reasons. Boo-hoo-hoo, sob, sniff, sigh. I’m really disappointed about this if you can’t tell. Anyone have some words of encouragement? Or anyone want to come help me finish my craftroom?
If you’d like to keep track of my
progress join me on instagram! You can share your crafting spaces with me by using the #pimpmycraftroom. You can also follow me on facebook, twitter, pinterest, and bloglovin.